Labels

Friday, May 16, 2014

Keep walking


Lately, I’ve had some decisions to make.  
When I come to a fork in the road, and I don’t know what to do,
 I ask for guidance, and sometimes it seems like none is forthcoming, 
so I make a choice.   
 I choose what seems best, and go with it.   
I’ve a firm belief that if I’m trying to do what’s right in every other way, 
God will redirect me,
 if I take a wrong turn.


 Putting my trust in Him- that He’ll direct me aright, 
and putting trust in myself- that I have the sense and goodness to make wise choices, 
keeps me from being stuck, or paralyzed with the fear of making a mistake.   
When so much rides on a decision,
 and we can’t see the end, or even what’s around the bend,
 it’s easy to feel afraid or worried.  
I just tell myself “keep walking.”  
When the way ahead is dark and uncertain, it takes courage to keep going, 
but I trust that my life is in His hands, 
and that He will support me in every trouble and trial, 
all along the way.  
So I just keep walking.
“Walk to the edge of the light, and perhaps a few steps into the darkness, and you will find that the light will appear and move ahead of you”    
Harold B. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment