Labels

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Felila








My felila (that's Samoan for bougainvillea) are in full bloom. They like full sun and less rain, so they always explode in the summer.  Every morning and all throughout the day, I look out the window and see this riot of color and I feel happy.  My mother and father planted these for me, and when two bushes died, they came back and planted more.  After all these years the wait has paid off.

One day a lady passed me while I was trimming them.  She said, "It must be a pain to always be cutting that back."   "Yeah," I replied "but it's worth it when they bloom."
Just wanted to share the "bloom."  Hope it makes you happy too.

This is what they look like on the other side of the wall.

Other things that make me happy:
My Guava
My Lilikoi (passion fruit)



No comments:

Post a Comment