Labels

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Creativity flowing

Elena actually likes to clean.  Every so often she'll get itching to mop the floors and move the furniture.  She'll ask me if she can paint the walls and reorganize things.  She wants to clean up and fix up.  She has this yearning to beautify and create.  I believe that desire is a divine attribute inherited from our Creator and that we all came coded with it to some extent.  Our Father in Heaven is the ultimate designer, artist, thinker, creator and when we create, when we conceive worthy ideas and make beautiful things we are fulfilling our divine nature; and so we feel happy. Years ago Siwa painted a little mural on some closet doors of ours.  It was bright yellow with red hibiscus and mangoes, and green breadfruit and ferns on it.  Recently Elena asked me if she could paint it over.  I told her to go to it, and came home to find this.











Here's the other door over a few days

In the future I'll do a post on some dining chairs we're working on.  Elena asked me to teach her how to refinish furniture and so I'll be doing a joint project with my girl.  It's in the sanding phase right now, but I'll blog more on it as our ideas come to fruition.  Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment