Labels

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Recent happiness

These are some recent moments that have brought me some happiness.
The whole family was on the beach walking to our swimming spot,
and this turtle surfaced right next to the shore.  
 Its such a joy to see my family laughing together.  Mary is an old pro at using a mask, but this evening was the first time she was interested in using the snorkel.  She took to it like a fish.
 Elena and I start sanding the dining chairs.  More on this in later posts.
 Siwa, Jesse and I got up early one morning and went for a walk.  
We didn't say much to each other.
We were just content to be together.
 It was a beautiful day and I think we all really felt it.
These were picked today from a volunteer cherry tomato plant,
an offering from last year's garden.
It's a blessing to watch food grow, to see the land produce for our nourishment and pleasure.
And since this plant wasn't even planted by me, its an unexpected gift.
 I'm grateful for and to this plant.  I had some of these in my salad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment