Labels

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Elena's first concert






 
Elena and I had a girl's night out.  Siwa knew I wanted to take Elena to go see Mindy Gledhill perform, and just came home one day and handed the tickets to me.  Siwa is so awesome!        If you've never heard Mindy Gledhill's music before, it's sweet and innocent, whimsical, and reminiscent of childhood.  She sings about fairytales and moonbeams and little red bikes, all in a hip way that appeals to all ages.  Her voice is soft and dreamy, and matches her lyrics just right.  It's the perfect music for a twelve year old girl to love, and for all those whose inner child still lives (like me).  Mindy wore this yellow knee-length dress with a flared skirt.  She was swaying to the music and her skirt was swishing and I kept expecting her to start twirling around the stage like a little girl dancing in the sunshine.  The only thing she was missing was a garland around her head, but she had a lei on instead.  Elena had listened to her new music the week before and so she sang along throughout the concert.  It was a sweet event.  There were all ages there, even a few little girls twirling around on the dance floor. You can listen to her new album here. My favorite of all her songs is All About Your Heart, but I also like Anchor.  Elena's favorite is Pocketful of Poetry.

Me and my girl after the concert



No comments:

Post a Comment