Labels

Friday, October 11, 2013

Recent snapshots

I heard laughing coming from my room earlier, and walked in to find ALL the girls on my bed, with a near empty bag of oatmeal cookies.  Scott was packing for a camping trip and I guess they were keeping him company.  When he was done he took the girls swimming and I stayed back to read.  Just laid down to find a whole lot of cookie crumbs in my bed. . .

 We roasted marshmallows the other night.  Elena had a double prong roasting fork.  She brought in two marshmallows, one for her and one for me.  As soon I was done with mine, Siwa walked in and gave me another.  I love these kids.  Scott was making dinner that night.  I came into the kitchen and told him I liked to see a man cook.  He started salting and peppering with added gusto.  He makes me laugh and he makes a mean steak. . .

I was talking to the girls about dating.  Laying out the family expectations (no, none of them have shown any interest), and pointing out red flags that might pop up on dates.  I started several sentences with, "And if he does" this or that, and Mary kept cutting me off with, "Dump him!"  After awhile I just stopped and gave her a look. She gave me a sheepish grin and everyone burst out laughing. . .

Jesse came up behind me and laid her head on my shoulder and put her arms around me.  That's how she tells me she loves me.  It always makes me feel better, even when I'm already feeling good, but especially when I'm not; and I hope she'll never stop doing it. . .

 Everyone came back from the beach and here are the shots Siwa caught.  Can you just feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment