Labels

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Good deeds list


Here’s an exercise someone I love suggested:  Keep a list, a Good Deeds list, where you can see it, put down each good deed you do.  I’d like to add to that another list- the Blessings list- where you record all the good that comes to you.  The two lists show the income and the outflow, but I think that the two eventually merge- the expenditures become the income, because everything good thing you send out comes back to you in one form or another at some time or other.  Even the very act of doing good becomes an immediate blessing because you feel good.  It just feels good to do good.  I’ve performed this little exercise many times over the years.  I start out being able to jot a few things just off the top of my head and then after some thought I begin to pick up steam and the list lengthens and expands and explodes.  I find that I do more good than I realize and that God and others bless my life so much more than I imagined.  I can’t help but feel supremely happy every time I do it.  Sometimes the list goes on for days.  Siwa has a gratitude journal full of lists and lists of her blessings, and she is always smiling.  How could she not be happy when she notices every little beautiful thing around her, and she knows Who they come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment