Labels

Monday, March 24, 2014

Ode to green

It turns out I have another photographer in the family.  We went to the botanical gardens at Ho'omaluhia today.  There was a gentle rain and time seemed to slow with it. It put a wet gloss on everything, making the green more vibrant, the deep brown earth more rich.  We took our time walking, pondering around in that drizzle, looking at every beautiful thing, and pointing it all out to each other.  Elena took all these pictures.  She would show me each one after it was taken and I told her they were awesome, every one.  I always knew she had an eye for beauty.

We stopped under a huge overspreading tree and looked up into it's canopy.  She held her arms up and framed the view with her hands.  Then she turned by degrees until she had made a complete circle, telling me that every angle was beautiful and she wanted to capture it all.  I stood there smiling at my girl- with her face to the treetops- seeing the joy of a new found vision in her eyes.  I felt doubly blessed- blessed by the beauty, and blessed in my little photographer- that she sees it and gets it, she rejoices in it.  Take a look at these pics she took and see what I mean.
Here's a little something I wrote after our visit to the gardens.

Ode to Green
vine of spring
 wrapped around
 branch of winter
green, the victor

 from treetop
to mossy earth
 warmth glowing
 green overflowing

it hydrates
rejuvenates
exhilarates
 I soak it up
 and drink it  in

 it feeds my soul
 and makes me whole
 from yellow green
to every darker sheen
In honor of spring
 this my ode to green
 Awesome job Elena!

No comments:

Post a Comment