Labels

Monday, March 31, 2014

Women's Conference

This past weekend the girls and I went to the General Women's Conference.  This is a semiannual church meeting for the women of the church, ages eight and up.  This was Mary's first time to go and she did a pretty good job sitting still for the first half hour of the broadcast.  After that she was on my lap, sitting with Jesse, back on my lap, holding my hand as I walked her to the bathroom to blow her nose (she doesn't even have a cold), standing with me at the back of the room, sitting on the floor, and back on a chair for the last ten minutes of it.  In spite of all the movement, she manged to be very quiet.

The talks, music and video were so inspiring.  As soon as the meeting started, I could feel that familiar swelling in my heart that tells me that something is right and good.  I felt the strength of millions of women tuning in from across the world, united in a common cause- to be followers of Christ, to do and be good, to show and give love. You can check out some of the highlights from the conference here. The choir was my favorite, the singers and musicians were mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, and grandmothers, and they made some beautiful music together. 


Here's an invitation to join us for what we'll be doing next weekend, not just for women, but for anyone and everyone. 

Siwa has finals, so you probably won't be hearing from her this week- that means no Nature Sightings today.  She's been pretty busy lately- studying and throwing some awesome pottery in the ceramic studio.  We keep calling her and asking her what she's doing and when she's coming home, and can she check a book out for one of us, and get us some movies from the library while she's at it?  She's really good about it.  She even took Mary to the studio one day and helped her make her own plate with a big fat M in the middle of it.  Good luck on your finals Siwa.  I love you and I'll be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment