Labels

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Contrasts

 
Here's a quote I read recently that I like:

“There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire,
 which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, 
and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.” ― Washington Irving

I've been thinking about contrasts a lot lately.  When negative circumstances arise, 
the darkness makes us appreciate the light and the color in our lives.  
We also look inside for that "spark" and we rise up and become more than we were, 
we become the gems we really are.  
 Siwa upped the contrast on some of her photos, and the color "beams and blazes."
I thought these pictures were really good when she first took them, 
but I couldn't see all the potential in them until she increased the contrast.  
Now the light beams and the color blazes- 
it really does pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment