Labels

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Jesse's gifts

We had a sewing marathon this week.  I've been helping a friend recover the cushions on her couch.  I started cutting the fabric and hinted to Jesse that it would really be nice if she would sew with me.  She busted out three covers that night.  She's a much faster and neater seamstress than I am, so it was really good to have her help.  Tonight we had our machine and one on loan.  Jesse asked me if I was going to sew.  When I said that I was planning on it, she said, "Let's do it." I felt a wave of gratitude for her and thought about just how cool she is.

If something is broken like the sewing machine or the TV, or if I can't figure out how to make the computer do what I want it to, I call Jesse.  She just knows what to do, even if she has never done it before.  It usually takes a few minutes of research, or a click here, or a turn of the screw there, and she's got it up and running.  Here she is with the weed whacker purring in her hands:
We each come with gifts, I really believe that.  
Some are more obvious than others.  
Of all the gifts I've mentioned Jesse has, 
the one I appreciate the most is the gift of "let's do it."  
I appreciate her willingness to help, and that when she does, 
what she does, she does well.  
And because she shares that gift with me, it in part becomes mine too- 
I get to enjoy the fruits of it afterall.  And gifts were meant to be shared.
This gift, the gift of "let's do it" is priceless to me, and so is she.

No comments:

Post a Comment