Labels

Monday, November 18, 2013

Why i'm a mormon

I was born and raised a Mormon.  I grew up in a loving and happy family.  My parents taught me to pray and to love God and others.  I grew up reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  I loved how I felt when I read them.  They felt true to me and I believed they were, but as a child I didn't know for certain that these books were the word of God.  When I was twelve my bishop challenged me to read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover.  He suggested that I read just two pages a day.  I took that challenge and began to read every day.  Soon after I started, I wasn't content to read just two pages, I read more and more, sometimes for hours.  I felt warm and good when I read, and I wanted that feeling to go on and on. I also felt a greater power come into my life- the power to be more kind, patient and loving.  One day as I was reading, an overwhelming warmth penetrated my heart, and I clearly knew and understood that what I was reading was true and was the word of God. With that knowledge came a confidence that I could live by the teachings in the book. The Book of Mormon comes with a promise- if you will study the book and sincerely ask God if it's true, He will answer you.  I have received my answer.  The Book of Mormon has filled my heart with joy and enlightened my mind.  It is priceless to me. I invite you to read and ask, and to know for yourself.

If you'd like to know more about the Book of Mormon click here (an overview of the Book of Mormon's content and origins at mormon.org).  You can also order a free copy or read the Book of Mormon online.


No comments:

Post a Comment