Labels

Friday, September 13, 2013

Down in the doldrums

For over a week a hot humid blanket has settled over me.  It's been thick in the air, stifling, sapping. It's been a week of listlessness and mental cloudiness. Not the best atmosphere for blogging. I know I said I wouldn't blog about messy rooms or stressful days, and I'm not, heat is entirely different, right?  Isn't it? Maybe not so different.  Ah well. . .

This morning I woke to find the heat blown away, the ground soaked and limbs hanging heavy with drenched leaves.  A change is in the air.  Just thinking about fall has me rubbing my mental palms together in anticipation. Fall- when we actually get to wear a sweater and long pants, and maybe even socks, when my lavalavas go into a drawer.  It's when we get to snuggle up with a blanket and read a good book, and think deep thoughts; but the crispness in the air still lends us vigor and we want to get out and hike the hills.  Our leaves won't be changing color too much, but green is my favorite color.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for the breezes blowing in through the windows and for the sight of swaying trees again.  Even now I feel a cool wind coming in through the screen door, and enthusiasm and energy come riding in with it.  I'm back and glad to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment