Labels

Sunday, September 29, 2013

A day of rest

Sunday sunset stroll
Today we went to church.  We had wonderful meetings and I felt so uplifted by the talks and lessons, so filled with love.  We came home and ate and visited together for awhile, before everyone headed off in their own directions to read, rest, or visit some more.  I saw Elena putting some stitches on a doll blanket.  Mary was wandering around the yard and came in with some flowers.  There is a feeling of quiet and peace pervading here, that doesn't exist throughout the rest of the week. Later on we'll gather again and have our family fono (that's Samoan for meeting).  During this meeting we'll discuss the family calendar, read scriptures together, pray and sing.  A lot of times we end up outside sitting on the driveway in the cooler night breezes, looking out at the stars and telling stories.  Sometimes we all go for a walk on the beach and come home in the fading light. Sunday is our day of rest.  It's the day we put aside the usual weekly activities and focus on Father in Heaven, and it's family time, too.  I find that when I've focused on holy things and rested my body on Sundays, the rest of the week is better-more focused, more productive. Sundays recharge my batteries-both spiritual and physical- and that's something I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment